Here's Johnny!

I return! I'm sorry I've kept you waiting for so long (life happens), but I'm back like a boomerang and it's all going to be much better from now on, I promise.

I have a few things on my mind these days, namely: I got an A in 4 classes and a B+ in one. *smiles arrogantly* However, some of those As are actually A minuses... which doesn't really bother me except that for 3 years I never had to worry about it, and now as a senior in my bachelor's program I have to deal with this new +/- shit tearing my GPA to pieces (I waved goodbye to it sometime after London, I think). It's just that they dropped it onto all of us rather than integrating it as each new generation of college-bound hopeful-cum-bicycle target freshman joined the ranks of America's educated, and largely jobless, young adulthood. It just seems fairer to me I guess somehow, but I suppose teachers would have to give two different groups of people in each class two different groups of grades and that would just be terribly tedious and foul. Ah well. I digress.

Pues, I have a few things for you on my hit list since I've been gone, darling, and I wanted to share them with you:


The Road

Showing at The Moxie, downtown Springfield. Based on the Pulitzer-prize winning book by author Cormac McCarthy.











Need I say more?
theoatmeal.com





Best one I've seen in a while.
Dragonslayer (1981)







Ah, but better still! (☆☆☆☆☆)
The Lost Skeleton of Cadavra







Spacious Thoughts
N.A.S.A. Project ft. Tom Waits and Kool Keith


In fact, Boing Boing is just a wonderful place in general.

I won't provide free advertising pictures for the rest of them, but I will provide you with a list (you lucky little bastard, you):

Music You Should Be Aware Of:
Video Games I Am Currently Enjoying Very Much:
Movies You Should Have Already Seen:
  • Ghostbusters, Hook, and How the Grinch Stole Christmas (the animated one, duh)
  • The Black Cauldron, The Sword in the Stone, and Atlantis: The Lost Empire
Excellent Reads:
  • Bill Bryson: Lost Continent
  • David Sedaris: When You Are Engulfed in Flames
  • Terry Pratchett and Neil Gaiman: Good Omens: the Nice and Accurate Prophecies of Agnes Nutter, Witch
  • Don Miguel Ruiz: Los Cuatro Acuerdos: Un libro de la sabiduria tolteca
  • T. S. White: The Once and Future King
  • C. S. Lewis: The Voyage of the Dawn Treader (my personal favorite of the Chronicles of Narnia)
I think that's quite enough for today, don't you?

wildcoyote

No comments:

Post a Comment